Life in Wine

Just what the Title says! Life in Wine. MY Life in Wine.

Name:
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, United States

Opinionated. Lover of Wine.

Friday, January 07, 2005

A Toast to Barbara Boxer

If Senator Boxer were in my home right now, I'd salute her with a raised glass of '99 Tomassi Ripasso. I'd even offer her a 7-ounce pour in my favorite oversized crystal. My favorite wine, in my favorite glass, for my favorite U.S. Senator: the only member of the Senate with the balls to lodge a symbolic protest against the "irregularities" of the 2004 election.

Irregularities being shorthand for voter fraud, disenfranchisement, long lines, scarce machines, Blackwell shennanigans, Diebold boasts, electronic disappearing ink, and everything else that reminded us all of the stolen election of 2000. People, how long does it TAKE to clean up our voting act?

Ugly shades of Katherine and Jeb: Repug after Repug lined up at the mike to tell America that Rep. Conyers, Tubbs Jones and every other concerned member of Congress who had the temerity to speak out for voters that -- there was NO problem with Election 2004! And besides, it's all Michael Moore's fault!

Rest easy, Bill Clinton: the G.O.P. hatemongers have a new whipping boy in Mr. Fahrenheit 9/11. After they draw and quarter the oversized rabble rouser from Flint, that dam' Barbara Boxer better watch out, cuz thar's a dunkin' stool in her future. Burn that broad at the stake!

Sigh. I love my country. But this Bushco-aided slide into neocon, religious extremist, sociopathic fact-denying intolerance has me longing for a drink. And it's not yet 4 o'clock. Still, it's Friday, and even if the Milton Park 2002 Shiraz bit the happy dust Sunday, today is another weekend. I'm thinking Chateau St. Michelle 2001 Cab. . . only it needs to breathe. After the disgusting spectacle of Dems joining Repugs to endorse the specious Electoral College tally, I need to breathe myself. I might even need a beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home